Only available with Mailtrack Advanced. Upgrade here to unlock this feature.
Warning: Do not trigger too many automated email sends or you may go over your Gmail quota.
What does this integration do?
Mailtrack's Zapier integration lets you send automated tracked emails vía Mailtrack when specific events occur.
When is it useful to send an automated tracked email?
- When someone fills in a form.
- When a spreadsheet's filled in.
- When a new task is created in JIRA, Asana, etc.
- When a new row is added in Notion
- Etc., etc.
How to send a tracked email with Zapier
⚠️ Create a Zapier account before setting up the integration
You can use the integration with a number of different apps.
For the purposes of this FAQ, we'll use Google Sheets to explain the setup process. And we'll go through how to configure the integration so that a tracked email is sent each time a new row is added to a Google Sheet. So, let's get started:
1) First, create a new Google Sheet and add the content as shown below.
2) Then, in Zapier, click Create Zap.
3) Choose the app and the event that you'd like to use to trigger the email send. In this instance, that's Google Sheets and New Spreadsheet row as we want a tracked email to be sent each time a new row is added to the Google Sheet we've created.
4) Click Test trigger to make sure everything's working OK.
5) If the test was successful, click Continue.
Then, you'd need to select the action to start using the integration. In this case, it will be Send email as we want to send a tracked email with Mailtrack. To do this:
1) Search and click on Mailtrack in the event list.
2) Select the Send Email option.
3) Choose your Mailtrack account. You may need to go through a login process if it's the first time you've configured Mailtrack in Zapier.
4) Choose the spreadsheet rows that correspond to the variables needed to send an email (recipient email address, email subject, and email message body).
5) Test the action. When you do this, a test email will be sent using the values in the first row of the spreadsheet.
6) If the test is successful, you can publish and turn on the Zap.
Once you've done all this, each time you add a new row to the Google Sheets spreadsheet an email will be sent using the email address, subject, and message body that's specified in that row.
Limitations of automated tracked emails
Please, be aware that sending tracked emails through this integration has some limitations:
- Emails can only be sent to one person.
- Links in the body will not be tracked
- You can't add PDF tracked documents