What is a campaign batch send?
Campaign batch send lets you split your campaign sends into smaller batches and send them gradually over a certain time period.
This allows you to send a campaign to up to 10,000 recipients while staying within Gmail's send limits.
How to batch send a campaign
To batch send a campaign:
1) In the Prepare for launch pop-up, select the option Schedule send.
2) Click Batch send.
3) Select the date and time you'd like to start sending the campaign. By default, the current date and time will be selected.
4) Choose the number of emails you'd like to send per day. By default, this is configured so that your campaign will be sent over the next 5 days.
5) Choose the days you'd like to send your campaign. By default, it'll be configured for Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm. But you can change this to whatever you think will have a greater impact on your open and click rates.
6) Click Send batched campaign. Mailtrack will then tell you when the campaign send is expected to finish.
Are there any limitations?
To avoid going over Gmail's send limits, the number of emails you can send per day is limited to 2000.
Please bear in mind that the send limits take into account all the campaigns you send on a particular day. So, for example, you won't be able to send 5 campaigns to 1000 recipients each on the same day.
Also, a campaign batch send can't be configured to be sent later than 2 weeks after it was originally created. If you can't send the campaign for this reason you'll either need to:
- move the send date forward
- increase the number of emails per day, or...
- choose to send emails over more days.