Only available with Mailtrack Advanced. Upgrade here to unlock this feature.
Mailtrack lets you track when someone views PDF documents in your emails.
How to track PDF documents
1) In Gmail, go to compose a new email.
2) Click the Document Tracking button.
3) In the window that appears, select the document you want to track.
4) A pop-up will appear with options to configure the PDF tracking. You’ll be able to:
- Change the name of the PDF attachment link that the recipient will see.
- Decide whether or not the recipient can download the PDF.
- Add an expiry date/time, so recipients can’t access the PDF after a certain time. NB: The expiry date/time is based on the time zone configured in your Mailtrack account
5) The document will be added as a link in the body of the email.
6) Send the email.
How to view PDF tracking data
With PDF tracking you can see:
- If someone views a PDF
- How long they viewed the PDF for.
- What pages of the PDF they viewed (the actual page numbers plus the % of the document viewed overall).
- If the PDF was downloaded.
The PDF tracking data is shown in the tooltip when you hover the mouse over the green checkmarks...
...and in your Mailtrack dashboard when you click on the entry for an email.
You can also receive desktop notifications when documents are downloaded...
... as well as email alerts when activated in your Mailtrack Settings.
Can I track downloads for multiple documents in the same email?
Yes, you can track downloads for more than one document per email. For the moment, though, you need to add the documents to an email one at a time.
What file type document can I track?
Only PDF file types are allowed.
Can Mailtrack tell me if a PDF has been forwarded?
Mailtrack can't tell you if a PDF has been forwarded and to who. Any PDF views generated by a forwarded email will be attributed to the original mail recipient.
What happens if I cancel my Advanced subscription or delete my Mailtrack account?
You'll lose access to your document tracking data.
If you cancel your Advanced subscription the tracked documents will stay available for a month afterward. After that, the documents will be deleted from your emails.
If you delete your Mailtrack account the tracked documents will not be accessible to the recipients of the emails you sent.
How to enable/disable Document Tracking notifications.
You can disable Document Tracking email alerts or desktop notifications in your Mailtrack settings.
You can also enable or disable Document Tracking email alerts in the Mailtrack composer settings.