Who we are
Mailtrack is a consolidated company with employees working both remotely and at our headquarters in Barcelona (although at the moment we’re all working from home).
We’re not a huge team-currently we’re 25 people-and there’s a nice, relaxed working environment and culture (the Mediterranean lifestyle definitely influences our work!). Currently, our team is comprised of 6 nationalities (and counting), and with 5 years in the market and a solid financial position, we’re way past the point of being a startup.
We don’t claim to save the world or be a unicorn. We’re more focused on providing a simple and trustworthy service to our clients and enjoying ourselves while doing so.
What we do
Our product is a Gmail extension that provides email tracking (plus link tracking, attachment tracking, and other useful things).
Our users are based all around the world and have very different needs and profiles (teachers, lawyers, real state agencies, small sales departments, amongst others).
We have a good reputation and market position due to our discrete, serious, and ‘rockstars’ free way of working.
What you’ll do
As a Backend developer, you’ll be responsible for maintaining, expanding and scaling the server-side software and systems which provide the Mailtrack service. You will be joining one of our two squads in order to write code, mostly in PHP, using best design practices as hexagonal architecture and domain-driven design. We work in an agile environment with extreme programming principles in mind, like continuous integration, test-driven development and refactoring. Our squads do not include QA or operations roles so you will develop these skills as well, always with a focus on automation.
What are we looking for?
- A minimum experience of 4 years developing web based applications, preferably in PHP.
- Demonstrable experience using industry good practices such as SOLID, Clean Code, Refactoring, Unit Testing/TDD, Hexagonal Architecture and Domain Driven Design.
- All communications in Mailtrack are in Spanish so you need to be able to communicate fluently in Spanish(written and spoken). We require, as well, a good level of written English.
- And last, but not least, you are a team player, you enjoy working with people and solving problems together.
Extra points if you
- Have worked on high traffic/volume applications and solved non trivial problems.
- As we consider operations a skill rather than a role, we appreciate knowledge of things like Linux administration, machine provision (ansible, packer…), Continous Integration servers (Jenkins), Queue systems (beanstalkd, RabbitMQ, SQS…) and of course Amazon Web Services Stack (EC2, RDS, s3, Elasticache…)
- We do not require a formal degree but we value candidates who have obtained an engineering degree.
- As we have a testing mindset, we appreciate candidates who are used to writing tests, not only unit but also integration and functional (selenium-like).
- Although our backend is mostly written in PHP, we have developed new features in separate nodejs services so if you have experience writing backend applications in node it is most welcome.
- Have previously developed browser extensions or worked with Google Apis (especially Gmail).
What we offer
- We no longer consider ourselves a startup, we work at a stress-free sustainable pace to develop features we think will improve an existing product.
- We are a company proud of taking care of their employees, with extensive benefits to reconcile work and family life. We pay private health insurance for you and your family and have a company-wide week break.
- We focus on continuous improvement of our employees and aim to help them develop themselves professionally to the highest level, so we have internal training and a personal budget for external training and conferences.
- Flexible working hours and choose to work either remotely or from our excellently located Barcelona office (Rambla Catalunya/Còrsega) with a sunny terrace (now closed due to COVID).
- Choice of Linux/Mac laptop.
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org