Who we are
Mailtrack is a consolidated company with employees working both remotely and at our headquarters in Barcelona (although at the moment we’re all working from home).
We’re not a huge team-currently we’re 35 people-and there’s a nice, relaxed working environment and culture (the Mediterranean lifestyle definitely influences our work!). Currently, our team is comprised of 6 nationalities (and counting), and with 5 years in the market and a solid financial position, we’re way past the point of being a startup.
We don’t claim to save the world or be a unicorn. We’re more focused on providing a simple and trustworthy service to our clients and enjoying ourselves while doing so.
What we do
Our product is a Gmail extension that provides email tracking (plus link tracking and other useful things).
Our users are based all around the world and have very different needs and profiles (teachers, lawyers, real state agencies, small sales departments, amongst others).
We have a good reputation and market position due to our discrete, serious, and ‘rockstars’ free way of working.
What you’ll do
As a data engineer you will be responsible for collaborating with product/business in order to understand their requirements and provide answers to their questions, which can range from obtaining feature usage statistics to understanding user behaviour. To enable this, you will need to help them define metrics; build and maintain the infrastructure to store, process and query data and build the dashboards, alerts and reports that provide product/business with insights allowing them to drive their data-based decisions.
What are we looking for?
- Experience in writing complex/debugging SQL queries and working with large and complex datasets
- Good Python development skills and knowledge of associated tooling (source code repositories etc.)
- Strong experience in data engineering with a cloud data lake (data integration, ETL, partitioning, metastores…) in AWS, Azure, Google Cloud…
- Experience with business intelligence and one of the following tools (Looker, Metabase, Tableau, PowerBI…)
- All communications in Mailtrack are in Spanish so you need to be able to communicate fluently in Spanish(written and spoken). We require, as well, a good level of written English.
Extra points if you have
- Experience working with Saas business
- Experience using AWS especially: S3, Glue, Athena, Lambda functions
- Experience using and developing in Looker or Metabase
- Experience in data exploratory analysis / data science using Python
- Experience with machine learning (especially clustering algorithms)
- Knowledge of product analytics concepts and tools (Snowplow, Google Analytics, Amplitude, Mixpanel…)
What we offer
- We no longer consider ourselves a startup, we work at a stress-free sustainable pace to develop features we think will improve an existing product.
- We are a company proud of taking care of our employees, with extensive benefits to reconcile work and family life. We pay private health insurance for you and your family and have a company-wide week break.
- We focus on the continuous improvement of our employees and aim to help them develop themselves professionally to the highest level, so we have internal training and a personal budget for external training and conferences.
- Flexible working hours: Choose to work either remotely or from our excellently located Barcelona office (Rambla Catalunya/Còrsega) with a sunny terrace (now closed due to COVID).
- Choice of Mac/PC laptop.
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org