Who we are
Mailtrack is the leading solution for professionals using Gmail for sales, communication, hiring and any other business activities. We empower more than 2M users with our free plan and over 110,000 paying customers.
We are a diverse and multicultural team. We hire the best and most passionate people willing to impact millions of users using Gmail. Our mission is to create amazing and simple tools to manage your communication that you will use every day.
Trust, scalability, reliability and ease of use is our focus. We want to become the leading solution for Gmail users worldwide and become the most reliable solution to connect professional users with Gmail.
What we do
Mailtrack is a Gmail extension that provides email marketing services: campaigns, mail merge, email tracking, PDF tracking and link tracking among many other features.
Our users are based all around the world and have very different needs and profiles (teachers, lawyers, real state agencies, small sales departments, amongst others).
What you’ll do
As a data engineer you will be responsible for collaborating with product/business in order to understand their requirements and provide answers to their questions, which can range from obtaining feature usage statistics to understanding user behaviour. To enable this, you will need to help them define metrics; build and maintain the infrastructure to store, process and query data and build the dashboards, alerts and reports that provide product/business with insights allowing them to drive their data-based decisions.
What are we looking for?
- A minimum experience of 4 years in data engineering positions
- Experience in writing complex/debugging SQL queries and working with large and complex datasets
- Good Python development skills and knowledge of associated tooling (source code repositories etc.)
- Strong experience in data engineering with a cloud data lake (data integration, ETL, partitioning, metastores…) in AWS, Azure, Google Cloud…
- Experience with business intelligence and one of the following tools (Superset, Looker, Tableau, PowerBI…)
- All communications in Mailtrack are in Spanish so you need to be able to communicate fluently in Spanish(written and spoken). We require, as well, a good level of written English.
Extra points if you have
- Experience working with Saas business and its metrics
- Experience using AWS especially: S3, Glue, Athena, Lambda functions
- Experience using DBT
- Experience using and developing in Superset or Looker
- Experience in data exploratory analysis / data science using Python
- Knowledge of product analytics concepts and tools (Snowplow, Google Analytics, Amplitude, Mixpanel…)
- Experience with machine learning (especially clustering algorithms)
What we offer
- We work at a stress-free sustainable pace to develop features we think will improve an existing product.
- We are a company proud of taking care of our employees, with extensive benefits to reconcile work and family life. We pay private health insurance for you and your family and have a company-wide week break.
- We focus on the continuous improvement of our employees and aim to help them develop themselves professionally to the highest level, so we have internal training and a personal budget for external training and conferences.
- Flexible working hours and choose to work either remotely or from our excellently located Barcelona office (Rambla Catalunya/Còrsega) with a sunny terrace.
- Competitive salary
- Choice of Mac/PC laptop.
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org
The data controller is THE MAIL TRACK COMPANY, S.L. (“Mailtrack“) with registered office at calle Córcega 301, Ático 2ª, 08008 – Barcelona (Spain). The purpose of the processing of the data contained in your CV and obtained throughout the interviews is the development of the recruitment process. The processing of your data is based on the application of pre-contractual measures as it is a necessary activity to evaluate your profile for the recruitment process. Your data will not be disclosed or communicated to third parties, unless expressly required by law or unless you give us your consent. Your data will be kept for one year in order to be able to consider your profile for future vacancies. After this time, your data will be blocked, and once the legal limitation periods have expired, deleted. You can exercise your rights regarding data protection at the following address: email@example.com. You may also seek the assistance of the Spanish Data Protection Agency at https://www.aepd.es/.